Kurudamannil Abraham Abraham is an Indian interventional cardiologist and a medical writer. He is a former Chief Cardiologist at the Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai, and Chief Medical Director of the Southern Railways, where he worked for 25 years. He graduated from the Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore and started his career by joining the Indian Army, serving the Forces during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. Resuming his studies after the war, he received a degree in internal medicine and returned to Christian Medical College and Hospital in 1973. In 1978, he moved to Perambur to join the Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai where he worked till his superannuation from government service in 2002. During his tenure, the hospital is reported to have grown to become a referral hospital which carries out over 1000 open heart surgeries every year.
After his retirement from Perambur, Abraham worked as th Head of the Department of Cardiology at Fortis Malar Hospital and as a consultant cardiologist at Apollo Hospital, Chennai. He has published several articles in peer reviewed national and international journals. The Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian award of the Padma Shri, in 1999.
MBBS, MD (GEN MED) D.M cardio, FRCP (Lond) F.I.C.A (USA), F.C.C.P(USA), F.I.C.C.
Awards and Achievements
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
- (Padma shri award ,1999), national award winner for professional excellence ( indian railways)
- He has published about 200 papers in national and international journals,
- The awards and accolades he has received through his career bear testimony to a triumphant track record.
Certifications & Professional MembershipsMedical Council Registration
- He has wide experience in the field of Cardiology in CMC Hospital Vellore, Railway Hospital Perambur, Green Lane Hospital NewZealand , Vijaya heart foundation and Fortis Hospital.
- Professor Emeritus of Dr.MGR Medical University
- Director of Medical Services and Senior interventional Cardiologist of Ayanambakkam
- 45 yrs of Experience
- 41 Yrs in the field of cardiology
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment